During the process of personal identification, the bank verifies the identity of an individual. The identification can be carried out on-site, electronically, or remotely. After successful identification, the bank can open an account or offer other services to the client, as well as execute client orders.• On-site identification takes place when the client meets with the bank representative in person, and presents his/her personal identification document (passport or ID card).
• Electronic identification is carried out in accordance with the “Law on Electronic Identification of Natural Persons” by using the electronic identification means provided for by VAS “Latvijas Valsts radio un televīzijas centrs” (LVRTC): eID card, eParaksts card, eParaksts+ card, and eParaksts (mobile) (www.eparaksts.lv). Electronic identification is considered as one of the types of remote identification.
• Remote identification is carried out by using certain technological solutions: video identification or secure electronic signature, or other technological means, and is used instead of the client’s personal meeting with the bank representative. For remote identification of its clients, BlueOrange Bank uses the “Video identification”, “Electronic signature” or “1st Payment” methods. For more details about these types of identification please read here.
At present, remote identification is available for the following clients:
• “Video identification + 1st Payment”: natural persons in Latvia and outside Latvia — holders of a passport of the Republic of Latvia (citizens and non-citizens), who want to open a current account at BlueOrange and use payment card services;
• “Video identification” or “1st Payment” or “Electronic signature”: natural persons — residents of the European Union who want only to use BlueOrange deposit services.
Following banking services are available for natural persons, whose identification has been carried out by using the “Video identification + 1st Payment” method:
• Current account/payments with turnover up to EUR 5000 per month;
• A payment card with or without credit limit;
• Deposit placement;
• Connecting to the Internet Bank with the use of the selected authentication tool.
Following banking services are available for natural persons, whose identification has been carried out by using the “Video identification” or “1st Payment” or “Electronic signature” method:
• Deposit placement;
• Connecting to the Internet Bank with the use of the “SMS + Password” authentication tool.
Types of remote identification methods used by BlueOrange Bank
This form of remote identification consists of two mandatory steps — verifying the client's identification in a video session and receiving the first incoming payment from the client.
For more details on video identification please see the "Video identification" section.
The verification by the first incoming payment means that the client must make a single payment to the new account at BlueOrange Bank from his/her account opened at another European Union credit institution or bank.
Under this form of remote identification, the client makes a single payment to the new account at BlueOrange from his/her account opened at another European Union credit institution or payment institution.
This form of remote or electronic identification means that the client signs an electronic copy of his/her identity document (passport or ID; on both sides) (in jpg., png., pdf. format) with a secure electronic signature, and submits the signed document to the Bank (by e-mail, through the interactive questionnaire on the internet site, or in the Client Cabinet).
According to the Section 1(2) of the Electronic Documents Law: Secure electronic signature — a qualified electronic signature within the meaning of Article 3(12) of Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market and repealing Directive 1999/93/EC (hereinafter — Regulation No 910/2014/EU);
The Bank verifies the validity of documents signed with the secure electronic signature, issued within the EU (the list of trusted service providers of the European Union), by checking on the official website of the European Union, but, if a person has signed the document by using the European Union standard format ASIC-E (common EU standard), the signature is verified through the use of the eparaksts.lv portal and the eParakstītājs 3.0. software.
BlueOrange Bank accepts documents signed with a secure electronic signature, issued within the EU, in the ASICE format and verifies such documents through the use of the eParakstītājs 3.0. software or the www.eparaksts.lv portal to make sure that the electronic signatures are valid and that the document bears a time stamp compliant with the European Union standards.
In exceptional cases, BlueOrange Bank may accept also documents in PDF format, signed with an electronic signature issued in Estonia or Lithuania; such documents are verified through the use of the eParakstītājs 3.0. software or the www.eparaksts.lv portal to make sure that the electronic signatures are valid. If at the result of the verification the signature is recognised as invalid, the Bank advises that such documents are signed in the ASIC-E format.
Please note that all clients undergoing remote identification are required to make the first payment from a personal account at another bank or payment institution in the European Union to the newly opened account at BlueOrange.
This form of remote identification means that the client’s identification is carried out during a video session.
What does the client need to start a video session?
The client is required to do the following:
• Download the necessary add-in/plug-in (Zoom) on the phone or tablet.
• At the appropriate time, — connect to the Zoom application in the e-mail program, through the link sent to the client beforehand, enter the password, name, surname, and allow the device to use video and audio. Then the video session may start.
What is required for the video session to run smoothly?
For a video session to be successful, the following requirements must be followed:
• Prepare a personal identification document — passport or ID card;
• Use a phone, tablet or PC with a camera (webcam) and microphone enabled;
• Select a quiet, well-lit place;
• Make sure that a stable, sufficient internet connection is available;
• Make sure that the battery level of the device is sufficient for a continuous operation of at least 15 minutes;
• Select the language of the video session — Latvian, English, or Russian.
How long on average does one video session last?
The average duration of the video session is approximately 15 minutes.
What happens during the video session?
During the video session, the Bank representative will ask you to:
• Present your identity card, passport or ID card;
• Restate some of the answers to the questions of the questionnaire, such as your name, surname, address and date of birth, and, if necessary, other questions;
• Give oral consent to the processing of the data and certify that you have read the Bank’s terms and conditions;
• Put your signature on a sheet of paper and show it to the Bank representative. Please note that the video session will be recorded and screenshots of the client and client’s identity documents will be taken.
What happens after the video session?
The record of the video session is verified within one working day. Following the decision on the account opening, you will receive a respective notification to the email address specified by you at the time of registration on our home page or in the Client Cabinet.
If you have opted to open a current account at BlueOrange Bank, we will start preparing your payment card; typically, it takes two working days. When you receive the notification on the account opening, you may credit your account and start using it.
Please note that all clients undergoing remote identification are required to make the first payment from a personal account at another bank to the newly opened account at BlueOrange.
• The client is required to use a personal computer, tablet or smartphone with a digital video camera capable of high-resolution of not less than 1080 p and 10 MP;
• The lighting during the video session must be sufficient for facial recognition; the Bank representative may require additional lighting to be switched on;
• During the video session the voice must be clear, without any background noise;
• The client's face and any recognizable objects must be placed in the centre;
• The client must use a colour-video camera;
• To provide for online video, the speed of the internet connection must be at least 8 Мbit/s;
• The Zoom software must be installed;
• A web browser must be installed.
If a client, who has applied for the opening of a current account and for which a turnover limit up to EUR 5000 has been set, wants to use other banking services or increase the turnover, he/she needs to undergo on-site identification at the Bank's Client Service Centre.
If the client has initially opted only for deposit service and now wants to use other banking services, he/she needs to fill-in the Application for Everyday Servicing of an Individual Client and the Questionnaire for a Domestic Individual, and submit them to the Bank in one of the following ways:• Through the Internet Bank — personally signed and scanned forms;